Responsible for managing and maintaining all Bank hardware, software, and network infrastructure—inclusive of security, disaster recovery, and telecommunications, as well as related policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains software, hardware, and other equipment through routine preventive maintenance, and corrects related technical and operational problems.
- Develops, maintains, manages, tests, and optimizes routine backup procedures.
- Documents and makes corrections for system failure, reporting reasons, and corrective actions taken.
- Responsible for maintaining and controlling the delivery of all software packages.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of all bank software/hardware.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and recording all software/hardware purchases.
- Responsible for the testing of all hardware/software purchases for defects and viruses.
- Serve as main point of contact for all service calls for maintenance or warranty repairs on all bank hardware and software.
- Participates in the selection of related software and hardware to be purchased or leased.
- Responsible for ensuring all technology services duties are performed in compliance with internal procedures, PC standards, and organization policies, as well as, legal and government rules and regulations.
- Maintains and optimizes the bank’s local and wide area network (LAN/WAN).
- Manages the help desk functions for client response time, productivity and accuracy.
- Assists in troubleshooting data circuit problems to ensure timely repair and minimize the loss of computer access.
- Diagnoses and resolves all telephone line, data line, telephone equipment, e-mail, or peripheral equipment failures.
- Develops and enforces appropriate security procedures for user and developer access to the banking application and database, including database backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Completes necessary documentation and appropriate tracking-related activities to notify proper personnel of continuous problems.
- Maintains and optimizes e-mail servers, e-mail delivery, and remote access technologies.
- Participates in the evaluation of the Bank’s current and future technology, communications, and information needs.
- Assists in the analysis and resolution of operational and technological problems.
- Assists and supports bank operation departments as needed.
- Is knowledgeable of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulations, as well as information and physical security related legislation, policies, and procedures pertinent to position.
- Responsible for actively working with other employees to grow the organization.
- Assists in the development of corporate strategic and business planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum, bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement.
- Five years of previous experience in a financial institution in an operational or technical capacity OR three years of relevant IT experience within the last five years.
- Working knowledge of Windows network/infrastructure and active directory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation..
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other technologies
- Three or more years’ experience in a technical role at a financial institution
- Practical experience in implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting virtual environments using VMware or analogous virtualization.
- Working knowledge of banking operations, SQL, Web-based products, firewalls, intranets, the Internet and proxy servers
- Extensive experience with telecommunication technology and LAN equipment, including servers, fiber optics, bridges, routers, gateways and various cabling topologies.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, group policy, and current and forthcoming PC technology.
- Extensive knowledge of network operating systems, applications and development tools.
- Working knowledge of Exchange 2010 or 2013 and OWA implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
The following KSAs are usually acquired through education and on-the-job training/experience:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as excellent analytical, problem solving, and project management abilities.
- Ability to lead groups of personnel and work effectively with peers, subordinates and superiors in sensitive and sometimes controversial situations.
- Self-initiative in pursuing developmental opportunities.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Communicate with clients and outside vendors via phone, e-mail and fax.
- Multi-task using several computer applications.
- Fast pace and occasional stressful situations.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible schedules..
The Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Speaking, hearing and vision are essential to performing job functions accurately.
- Manual dexterity for computer work.
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Crawling in tight spaces and under tables may be necessary to setup/perform maintenance on equipment.
All qualified candidates should download and complete our employment application and self-identification forms (PDF). Only completed applications with all three identification forms will be considered for employment. Send by mail, fax or e-mail, Attn: Human Resources.
Mail: Post Office Box 13629, Tallahassee, FL 32317
Prime Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.