Under general supervision, but in conformance with established bank policies and procedures, cash checks, receive deposits, and perform a variety of transactions as requested by clients or teammates. Responsible for balancing each day's transactions, and maintaining cash drawer accuracy. Provides exceptional client service. Answers general questions regarding bank products/services. Recommends additional services to clients and makes referrals accordingly.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and client balances.
- Cross sells other financial institution services such as consumer and commercial loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, eStatements, etc.
- Receives loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates client receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor immediately.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution's forms.
- Balances and restocks the ATM as directed by the Head Teller or Branch Manager.
- Responsible for actively working with other employees to grow the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum, high school diploma or equivalent. (Relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement.)
- One or two years of experience in a professional office or business setting.
- Minimum, one year of cash handling experience.
All qualified candidates should download and complete our employment application and self-identification forms (PDF). Only completed applications with all three identification forms will be considered for employment. Send by mail, fax or e-mail, Attn: Human Resources.
Mail: Post Office Box 13629, Tallahassee, FL 32317
Prime Meridian Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.