My Money Program
What is the My Money Program?
The My Money Program, created by the Florida Department of Financial Services, is a comprehensive and inclusive financial literacy program and resource clearinghouse for individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members and caregivers.
The My Money Program is designed in two sections.
- For “Me,” or individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- For parents, guardians and support providers
For the individual:
Individuals can focus on topics such as money basics, safety and making plans with money.
Individuals can learn at their own pace and work through each step based on money basics, making a spending plan and sources of income and savings.
- Fun and helpful tips about money
Parents, guardians and support providers can access tools and information on the programs and services that are available to
assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Navigating through the different state and federal agencies and organizations that provide assistance can be difficult. We want to help make it easier.
For Parents, Guardians and Support Providers:
- Tips on teaching money management skills.
- Tools to support the teaching process.
- Information on federal and state assistance programs.
- Resources and information on organizations that can help.
- Guidance on employment, ABLE accounts, special needs trusts and more!
For more information, please visit the My Money Program web page or call 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236)