Secure, simple, and even more useful.
Paying in stores or within apps has never been easier or safer. Gone are the days of searching for your wallet. Now you can use your Prime Meridian Bank debit card with just a touch.
Apple Pay® is simple to use and works with the cards you already have on the devices you use every day.
And because your card details are never shared when you use Apple Pay — in fact, they aren’t stored on your device at all — using Apple Pay on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad is the safer and more private way to pay.
Before you begin
Here's what you need:
You can start using Apple Pay to make purchases as soon as you add your Prime Meridian Bank debit card to Wallet.*
- iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and later (Apple Pay in stores and within apps)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 and later (Apple Pay within apps)
- In the US: iOS 8.1 or later
- United States as your selected region
- Touch ID or passcode on your device
- An Apple ID signed into iCloud
- Supported card from a participating bank or store
Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad
- On your iPhone, open Wallet. On your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- Tap Next.
*For your protection, Prime Meridian Bank will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If more information is needed, you will be asked to call us at (850) 907-2360. This step is for your security. Please call during business hours and once we confirm your identity the card will be activated.
- You can verify your card any time after you add it. Just return to Wallet on iPhone or Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on iPad, and follow the steps.
- After your card is verified, tap Next.
Your Prime Meridian Bank debit card is now enrolled in Apple Pay and may be used right away.
Make your Prime Meridian Bank debit card your default payment card for Apple Pay:
On your iPhone® 6 and later, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap on Default Card and select your Prime Meridian Bank card.
To use Apple Pay in stores:
- Look for the Apple Pay and contactless symbol at the register
- Touch the Wallet icon from your iPhone’s Home Screen and select desired card
- With your finger on Touch ID, hold your iPhone near the contactless reader icon
- Keep your phone by the contactless reader until it vibrates and beeps indicating your payment was accepted
Please keep in mind the following about Apple Pay:
- For security purposes, Apple Pay uses a Device Account Number which is a unique number assigned to each card
- In participating apps, checking out is as easy as selecting Apple Pay and placing your finger on Touch ID. To learn more about Apple Pay, please visit www.apple.com/apple-pay.
Please read our Apple Pay FAQs or contact our Operations Department at (850) 907-2360 during business hours.