Fraud Alert Measures
Procedures for reporting blocked or suspected Debit Card fraud are changing
Here is what you need to know
Our Prime Meridian Bank Fraud Center works around the clock to monitor suspicious transactions or potentially fraudulent activity from your Debit Card. The information below is presented to show how we help fight fraud and let you know what to do if you suspect fraud has occurred.
If you suspect Debit Card fraud …
If you notice questionable activity in any of your online banking transactions, our team is here to take immediate action to help protect you and your accounts from further exposure.
During Regular Business Hours: If suspicious activity occurs during regular business hours – and our Fraud Center has not already initiated contact with you -- please call your local Prime Meridian Bank office or dial our Main Office at (850) 907-2300.
After Hours: If suspicious activity occurs after business hours – and our Fraud Center has not already initiated contact with you -- please call (800) 237-8990. Fraud analysts are available to assist you 24 hours a day..
If our Fraud Center detects suspicious activity …
If at any time – day or night – our Fraud Center detects a suspicious transaction (or suspected fraud) on your Prime Meridian Bank Debit Card, the following contact pattern automatically engages:
1. Text message: you will receive an SMS/Text message to your pre-enrolled mobile phone number alerting you to the suspicious transaction. You will be asked to respond in one of several ways:
- N – Fraud Confirmed
- Y – Activity Valid
- STOP – Opt Out of Text Notifications
- Help – Request Assistance
All SMS messages originate from short code 96923. We encourage you to add this number to your phone Contacts now to recognize valid Prime Meridian Bank Fraud Center SMS/text messages in the future.
SMS messages are sent 24 hours a day.
2. Email message: if you do not (or cannot) respond promptly to the initial Text message (see #1 above), the Fraud Center will email you requesting a response. A list of the five (5) most recent transactions will display in the email for your review, as well as a request to click on one of two links, depending on whether the transactions are:
1) Authorized (No Fraud) or
2) Unauthorized (Fraud)
3. Phone call: If a prompt response from you is not received by the Fraud Center to either the Text Alert or Email Alert, you will receive a phone call from the Fraud Center. Phone calls originate from (800) 237-8990. We encourage you to add this number to your cell phone Contacts now to quickly identify Fraud Center phone calls in the future. Voice mails are left on any capable phone. Phone calls will be made between the hours of 8am and 9pm (EST).
Contact will continue – and your card may remain blocked – until the transaction(s) in question are confirmed.
Good communication is the best protection
Use the following guide to determine the best method of contacting us.
|Suspicious activity on your Debit Card?||Call (850) 907-2300 (during office hours)|
|Is your Debit Card blocked?|
|Traveling soon? Add travel notes to your Debit Card||Call (850) 907-2300|
|Report Lost or Stolen Debit Card||
Call (888) 297-3416 (within the US)
Call (206) 389-5200 (outside the US)
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. That is why Prime Meridian Bank will never call, text or email you to ask for sensitive information, such as account number, PIN, password or Online ID.